Physical Processes and Laser Technologies Research Centre
The goal of Physical Processes and Laser Technologies Research Centre of the Faculty of Engineering is to conduct research related to studies of physical and laser technologies, development of laser technologies and new products, involving students.
Natural sciences (according to OECD)
Engineering and technologies
- other engineering sciences and technologies
- Laser technologies
- Laser marking
RTA project “Research Grant of Rezekne Academy of Technologies” Research on Spectral Characteristic of Coloured and Marked Surfaces during Aging Process (project manager L.Lazovs, duration- 2017).
RTA project “Research Grant of Rezekne Academy of Technologies” Development of Innovative Textiles by Integrating Laser Treatment Technologies (Laser Marking) (project manager L.Lazovs, duration- 2017).
RTA project “Research Grant of Rezekne Academy of Technologies” Research on Laser Technologies for Colour Marking (project manager P.Narica, duration- 2016).
Pāvels Narica: Optimization of Colour Laser Marking Process of Chromium-nickel Stainless Steel Surface
Publications in international citation databases (since 2014)
Cooperation and services
- Research based on client’s enquiries for specific laser use case, i.e., laser materials processing optimization.
- Colour laser marking on stainless steel – designing and marking of vector files suited for laser system.
- Laser cutting – high-quality cutting of acrylic glass, wood, fabric, and other materials.
- Laser engraving – high-quality engraving of stainless steel, acrylic glass, wood, fabric, and other materials.
- courses, seminars, conferences on laser technologies;
- safety courses for work with laser systems;
- consultations on laser marking, laser engraving, laser cutting, laser welding of different materials;
- training in use of laser systems’ specific software.
- Designing – execution of individual orders.